Skip to content


Southlake Care Village FAQs

What is the difference between a Retirement Home and a Long Term Care Home?

Retirement Residences (or Retirement Homes) are for seniors who are independent by may be seeking services such as meals or need some support and care services.

Long Term Care Homes (or “Nursing Homes) are for adults requiring help with most or all daily activities and access to 24-hour nursing and personal care.

How do I move into a Long Term Care Home?

Start by contacting your local Community Care Access Centre ( which manages the admission process to Ontario Long Term Care Homes.

Your local CCAC will help you every step of the way. CCAC staff will:
determine your eligibility
tell you about Homes in your area
tell you about costs
help you apply

To contact your local CCAC, call 310-CCAC (2222).

They will do an assessment and provide a list of Homes for your to consider. You will then provide a list of your top Homes. You will need to indicate whether you are interested in basic, semi-private or private accommodation. Your will be informed when a bed becomes available.

Are there waiting lists for Long Term Care Homes?

There are significant wait lists for Long Term Care in most areas of the province. The length of your wait is dependent upon which Home and the type of accommodation you have selected.

Book Your Tour Today

For those interested in setting up a tour at our care facility, click below to schedule a meeting time that’s best for you.

Donate Today

As a not-for-profit organization, Southlake Residential Care Village relies on the donations and support of caring people like yourself. Click below to support Southlake Village today.